For a room that simply lacks any excitement in terms of colors and decoration, a rug may be the perfect solution if you know what you’re doing. You can see how it completes the room by acting as a bridge between the other pieces around the room. A rug can define a room like no other type of decoration, adding warmth and more around the room. So how can you make use of a rug to ensure you have a perfect solution for your needs? The following tips will point out some ways to do just that:
- Use rug to define and separate areas, such as entryway, dining areas and more. This is great for larger apartments such as studios since larger rooms will appear quite empty without a good rug to give them character. Make sure you pick one that has good and easy to clean materials, since carpet cleaning can be pretty difficult if someone makes a mess, especially if you make art.
- If you have more than a single rug around your room, then you should ensure they are of different sizes. Same-sized rugs can create a vision of cutting the room in half, which may not be a good idea if you want to keep the current impression going.
- When you use more than a single rug, you would do well to ensure they will complement each other instead of being diametrically opposed in style. Not according to this simple approach may easily mean making a scrap and unpleasant visual effect.
- You will need to use the rug as a base for your color scheme around a room. On one hand you can add it once you have your furniture ready, but you would do well to consider both in the process of purchasing them so they can work together. Pay attention to materials so you can have an easier time dealing with upholstery cleaning, especially if you have pets.
- You can use a rug to make a room more quiet or subtle, especially if the walls and upholstery are of subdued color combinations. You can create a more interesting pattern with the use of a proper rug to make things happen.
- The type of rug really matters, especially since the materials involved will not only its feel and texture, but also the ease of cleaning further down the line. That way you can even keep it protected for longer amounts of time even without cleaning it.
- You don’t have to assume your rug has to be rectangular in shape, since you can simply use the type of furniture its shape instead of vice versa. Do your best to figure out which shape will work best, and then go with whatever you need. Once that is done you will have a much easier time decorating the rest of the room.